Construction & Utility Case Study
Marie Management has helped 60 construction and utility focused entrepreneurs with their for-profit companies with operational systems and strategies that resulted in 30% of the companies new earnings from scaling to philanthropic arms of their own through building a corporate responsibility program, nonprofit, NGO or trust with us.
Construction & Utility Business Problems
Problem #1 Negotiating: Construction & Utility Entrepreneurs have to be master negotiators in order to develop a competitive business in markets that stronghold new businesses and in regions that are oversaturated.
Problem #2 Market Research: Construction & Utility Entrepreneurs have to know their market well enough to dominate a niche specific customer base, maintain those customers and sustain growth over time strategically. Without an effective amount of market research completed for the construction and utility industry prior to starting the business or growing the business, the company stands to lose massive amounts of traction, income and progress over time.
Problem #3 Customer Management: Construction & Utility Entrepreneurs have to develop the means of managing customers both for and in the long term stretch of the engagement in order to maintain them over time.
- Plumbing Companies gained B2C & B2B contracts, relationships and networks to diversify their income, develop their services and scale their companies from the inside out.
- HVAC Companies gained subcontracting opportunities and direct customers from the B2B, B2G and B2C perspectives based on strategic approaches that align with the audience's mandatory needs, consistent needs, crisis needs and maintenance expectations.
- Electrical Companies gained partnerships and collaborations for ongoing training and development in the areas of services and business that directly increase company income, value, assets, access to capital and collateral for large scale clients, projects and regional entry.
- General Contractor Companies gained streamlined processes, systems and strategies to decrease errors, timeline performance and customer dissatisfaction while increasing business in the diversified areas of service that contribute to more revenue streams.
Identify the Ways Marie Management Can Solve Your Problems As a Construction & Utility Business Entrepreneur
After an initial assessment, audit, strategic plan development and consulting all inefficient processes, existing technology systems and operating management systems required solutions in the following areas:
- Transitioning Workforce: The senior manufacturing employees with the expert skill set are transitioning out and the new staff do not possess those skills fast enough for adequate transitioning to occur.
- Inventory & Project Management: Not properly managing inventory and projects in the industry directly affects supply chain management and sales systems.
- Consumer Spending & Quality Demands: Not completing regular data science management to understand what the customers are spending their money on, what they want to know about what they are spending their money on and how they are making those decisions directly.
- Business 2 Customer: Being able to sell directly to customers via e-commerce platforms has opened the door to more control. It has also opened the door to more problems in the areas of risk and responsibility.
- Growing & Scaling Sweet Spot: Not completing the proper scaling strategy can have a business in this industry scale at the wrong time or too fast and result in business failure.
- Globalization: Although this option produces more freedom and access to more customers, it also comes with its share of competition, risk and supply chain issues.
- Lead Generation: A website and social media activities alone will not consistently get customers to the sales button in order for a deal to be closed. A complete, thorough and effective marketing strategy with a complex combination of activities is required.
- Increasing Revenue & Sales: In doing so concentration on strategic approaches that work differently at every new stage of business includes attention to production and workflow efficiency based on new quantities.
- Maintenance Overhead: Overtime and as the business grows and scales investment towards the maintenance or replacement of equipment and materials will require regular budgeting, planning and preparing to replace mandatory items along the production line before they see their last day in the business.
- Automations Technology: Consistently and strategically implementing the software necessary to produce and manage related to all business functions is just as important as making sure the staff know how to use it effectively. Automations save time and money as well as limit error throughout business systems and daily operations.
Construction & Utility Industry Businesses scale to invest their profits in programs that provide services to vulnerable populations.
With these implemented solutions our Construction & Utility Industry companies become equipped to scale in order to implement their philanthropic arms with the following new operations and management processes in the following places:
- Human Resources Systems
- Training and Development Programs
- Management Protocols
- Policies and Procedures
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Project Management
- Customer Relations Management Systems
- POS Systems
- Financial Management System
- Marketing & Advertising System
- Communication System
- Referral Management
Upon completion of streamlining and scaling the for-profit, Marie Management consultants began to build the philanthropic arm of the entrepreneurs choice (nonprofit, non-governmental organization, philanthropic arm, corporate responsibility program, private foundation, association or trust) with the following steps:
Step 1: Organizational Structure Development
Step 2: Board & Business Network Development
Step 3: Committee Development
Step 4: Program Development
Step 5: Strategic Planning & Logic Model Development
Step 6: Fund Development
Step 7: Outreach Strategy & Development
Step 8: Department Development
Step 9: Operational Systems
Step 10: Marketing, Advertising & Sales Systems