Production Business Case Study
Marie Management has helped 8 production focused entrepreneurs with their for-profit companies with operational systems and strategies that resulted in 30% of the companies new earnings from scaling to philanthropic arms of their own through building a corporate responsibility program, nonprofit, NGO or trust with us.
Production Business Problems
Problem #1 Custom Orders: Without processes and systems around the custom formulation and establishment of products for B2C or B2B engagements, production companies can enter into contracts and arrangements that cost them handsomely per custom order. Attention to detail with custom orders requires an automated sales process that includes quoting, presentation, verification, compliance and evaluation.
Problem #2 Sales Systems: Production companies that do not strategically sell both custom and ready made products in a diversified fashion lose money faster than the retail industry on products, materials and equipment. Formulating how products are sold daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually to all customers is mandatory for a production company's sales system.
Problem #3 Marketing & Communication: Marketing custom orders, recipes, ingredients and products used as well as sold require effective communication across all methods. Most production companies only communicate with its customers via a website or after a sell. Communication during the sell and after the sell are often missing from the marketing process.
- Herbal companies built internal capacity, structure, and operations systems.
- CBD companies built internal capacity, structure, and operations systems for B2B contracts while scaling into multiple markets.
- Chemical companies built internal capacity, structure, and operations systems while concentrating on B2C relationship marketing from a B2B approach.
- Pharmaceutical companies streamlined operational practices that increased KPI’s and effective procedures.
Identify the Ways Marie Management Can Solve Your Problems As a Production Business Entrepreneur
After an initial assessment, audit, strategic plan development and consulting all inefficient processes, existing technology systems and operating management systems required solutions in the following areas:
- Transitioning Workforce: The senior production employees with the expert skill set are transitioning out and the new production staff do not possess those skills fast enough for adequate transitioning to occur.
- Inventory & Project Management: Not properly managing inventory and projects in the manufacturing industry directly affects supply chain management and sales systems.
- Consumer Spending & Quality Demands: Not completing regular data science management to understand what the customers are spending their money on, what they want to know about what they are spending their money on and how they are making those decisions directly.
- Business 2 Customer: Being able to sell directly to customers via e-commerce platforms has opened the door to more control. It has also opened the door to more problems in the areas of risk and responsibility.
- Growing & Scaling Sweet Spot: Not completing the proper scaling strategy can have a business in this industry scaleat the wrong time or too fast and result in business failure.
- Globalization: Although this option produces more freedom and access to more customers, it also comes with its share of competition, risk and supply chain issues.
- Lead Generation: A website and social media activities alone will not consistently get customers to the sales button in order for a deal to be closed. A complete, thorough and effective marketing strategy with a complex combination of activities is required.
- Increasing Revenue & Sales: In doing so concentration on strategic approaches that work differently at every new stage of business includes attention to production and workflow efficiency based on new quantities.
- Maintenance Overhead: Overtime and as the business grows and scales investment towards the maintenance or replacement of equipment and materials will require regular budgeting, planning and preparing to replace mandatory items along the production line before they see their last day in the business.
- Automations Technology: Consistently and strategically implementing the software necessary to produce and manage related to all business functions is just as important as making sure the staff know how to use it effectively. Automations save time and money as well as limit error throughout business systems and daily operations.
Beauty and Wellness Industry Businesses scale to invest their profits in programs that provide services to vulnerable populations.
With these implemented solutions our Production Industry companies become equipped to scale in order to implement their philanthropic arms with the following new operations and management processes in the following places:
- Human Resources Systems
- Training and Development Programs
- Management Protocols
- Policies and Procedures
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Project Management
- Customer Relations Management Systems
- POS Systems
- Financial Management System
- Marketing & Advertising System
- Communication System
- Referral Management
Upon completion of streamlining and scaling the for-profit, Marie Management consultants began to build the philanthropic arm of the entrepreneurs choice (nonprofit, non-governmental organization, philanthropic arm, corporate responsibility program, private foundation, association or trust) with the following steps:
Step 1: Organizational Structure Development
Step 2: Board & Business Network Development
Step 3: Committee Development
Step 4: Program Development
Step 5: Strategic Planning & Logic Model Development
Step 6: Fund Development
Step 7: Outreach Strategy & Development
Step 8: Department Development
Step 9: Operational Systems
Step 10: Marketing, Advertising & Sales Systems